Teradata is taking all of the awards for Data Warehouse Analytics. You should consider consolidating users on Teradata and use the platform for your major analytic jet engine. Utilizing a wide variety of on-premises and cloud databases is still a great strategy, but having your core data warehouse on Teradata is also a great flight plan.
With a few clicks of the mouse, my Nexus and NexusCore Server can make the migration to Teradata easy, and it also allows each user to move data into their Teradata sandbox. It does not get any better or easier?
Just look at the accolades Teradata is receiving, and deservedly so.
- Named a Leader and Earned Top Ranking in Current Offering Category in The Forrester Wave: Data Management For Analytics, Q1 2020
- #1 Technology Rating in the Information Difference Big Data Warehouse Landscape Q4 2019
- Highest Score in all Four Use Cases: Traditional Data Warehouse, Real-Time Data Warehouse, Logical Data Warehouse, and Context-Independent Data Warehouse in Gartner’s Critical Capabilities for Data Management Solutions 2019
- Gartner recognizes Teradata for the 17th consecutive time as a Leader in 2019 Magic Quadrant for Data Management Solutions for Analytics.
- “Teradata is the top-ranking vendor for each of the four use cases and has a comfortable margin in each.” Gartner Critical Capabilities for Data Management Solutions for Analytics
- “In this annual research cycle, the vendor with the happiest customers was Teradata,” Information Difference
I have two visions for data movement:
- Provide the ETL and DBA teams with the ability to move thousands of tables, both small and large, for migration and the nightly batch process.
- Bring data movement to the masses so that business users can move data from any database to their sandbox, and perform federated queries.
The Nexus and NexusCore Server are how you allow employees access to any data, anywhere, at any time.
Teradata has some of the best load utilities to and from their database in their Teradata Parallel Transport (TPT) utilities. I have written the book on the subject.
TPT provides these utility options:
- TPT Load – Insert data in bulk to an empty Teradata table.
- TPT Update – Insert, Update, and Delete data in bulk on populated tables.
- TPT Insert – Insert data row by row to empty or populated tables.
- TPT Stream – Stream data in packets to empty or populated tables.
- TPT Selector – Export data in rows from Teradata to another database.
- TPT Export – Export data in bulk from Teradata to another database.
Every vendor has their proprietary load utilities, but creating these load scripts on Teradata takes the equivalent of a Ph.D. to write even the most basic load script. That is why we automated the entire process.
I talked with the most famous data warehouse expert in the world recently. He told me that he was working on a project with Teradata. He said the project was to convert 30 SQL Server tables to Teradata tables. It took him 30-days!
I didn’t have the heart to tell him Nexus could do it within 30-seconds.
It has been my goal to not only master data movement between databases, but to do so at record speed, and to make it so simple that anyone can do it with a few clicks of the mouse.
It has taken us 15-years to make that happen, but now we can move data between database systems in 80 different ways.
You can currently move these databases directly to Teradata and completely set everything up within one-minute:
- SQL Server
- SAP Hana
- Amazon Redshift
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Here is how easy it is to do.
Please give me a call or drop me an email to see a demo. I will help you set everything up and then put the software in your hands for a free trial. I look forward to hearing from you.
CEO, Coffing Data Warehousing
Direct: 513 300-0341
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/coffingdw
Tom Coffing, better known as Tera-Tom, is the founder of Coffing Data Warehousing where he has been CEO for the past 25 years. Tom has written over 75 books on all aspects of Teradata, Netezza, Yellowbrick, Snowflake, Redshift, Aurora, Vertica, SQL Server, and Greenplum. Tom has taught over 1,000 classes worldwide, and he is the designer of the Nexus Product Line.